Tybee’s parking fees keep critical island services available to visitors and residents alike, services like life guards, litter control, beach maintenance, bathrooms on the beach, emergency preparedness, even parking itself. Since parking is so important to keeping the island in good condition for your next visit, there are no free public parking spaces on Tybee. Parking fees are enforced 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. throughout the year.
Where to Park
Tybee offers many public parking sites and metered spaces for your convenience.
- South Beach Parking Lots: Beachfront lots between 14th and 18th Streets, adjacent to the main beach business district and the Parker Pier and Pavilion. These lots are reached by traveling down 14th Street or Tybrisa. Pay & Display kiosk is used.
- North Beach Parking Lot: Beachfront lot in Fort Screven immediately across from the Tybee Island Lighthouse. Pay & Display kiosk is used.
- Dune crossovers: Most of the streets adjacent to beach access points have public parking available, either at the Pay & Display kiosk located on the block, or with parking meters.
- Parking meters: Some of the streets on Tybee still have only parking meters installed, and not all meters have been updated to $2.00 per hour.
Using Pay & Display Kiosks
Most parking places are converted to Pay & Display kiosks, though a few spots still have meters. When you park, be sure to find the nearest Pay & Display kiosk, purchase time at the station, and place your receipt in a secure and prominently visible place on your dash.
To Pay With Cash: Pay and Display rates, island-wide, are $2.00 per hour. Machines will accept nickels, dimes, quarters, and dollar coins.
- Insert coins in slot for time desired.
- Press print button.
- Pull receipt from slot and display on dashboard.
To Pay With Debit/Credit Card: Minimum charge amount is $3.00.
- Press blue button (+), press again to add more time (adds $1.50 at a time.)
- When desired time is reached, press green button (P) to confirm transaction.
- Insert and remove credit card as shown on machine.
- Pull receipt from hinged slot area and display on dashboard.
Multi-day passes can be purchased at the Pay & Display kiosks by adding hours till 8:00 p.m. of the current day. Additional days can be purchased by adding $18.00 at a time, to a maximum of three days.
Any machine can be used to purchase your time. You may park anywhere on the island with your receipt until your time expires. Your Pay & Display receipt is also honored at the meters.
Decal parking: Decals may be purchased from the cashier at Tybee City Hall for $150.00 each (cash, credit cards or personal check), and are valid for one year from month of purchase. Decals must be affixed to the driver’s side windshield to be considered valid; decals on the dash are ignored! Cars with decals may park at any legal parking space, including public parking lots, at no additional charge.
If you have received a parking citation, you may pay in person at Tybee Island City Hall, over the phone by calling 786-4573×102, or online by clicking the Online Payments link to the left.
If you have any questions, or wish to dispute a parking ticket, contact the City of Tybee Island Parking Services at 912 786-4573, extension 135.
Parking tickets may be paid online at www.cityoftybee.org, by telephone at (912) 786-4573 x102, or in person at Tybee Island City Hall, which is open from 7:30 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Saturday.
Attention Tour Buses: Buses can not park in the parking lot. Groups may be dropped off and picked up at the corner of Strand Avenue and 15th Streets. Free bus parking is available on Butler Avenue in front of the Sand Castle Motel which is between 14th and 15th streets.